Data Center Colocation market accounted for US$ 45.5 billion in 2020 and is estimated to be US$ 172.23 billion by 2030 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of 14.4%.. Global data center colocation market is driven by growing need to reduce capital expenditure and operational cost. Additionally, combination of cloud with the colocation helps in reducing latency, increasing security, and creating cloud interconnection opportunities, which helps to propel growth of the global market. Moreover, full control of server security of information and availability of wide options especially for small companies, coupled with required power backup are some other factors expected to fuel growth of the global data center colocation market over the forecast period. In industry majority of colocation service providers are adopting expansion strategies to address the increasing demand for colocation data centers from each of the industry verticals. Thus, creating lucrative opportunities for growth of the global market.
The report “Global Data Center Colocation Market, By Type (Retail and Wholesale), By Industry Vertical (BFSI, Government & Public Sector, Telecom & IT, Healthcare & Life Sciences, and Energy), By End-Users (Small Enterprises, and Large Enterprises), and Region – Global Forecast to 2030”
- On May 2019, CyrusOne, a premier global data center REIT has launched the company’s first data center in Bogotá, Colombia and has announced that it has helped ODATA construct.
- On July 2019, Digital Realty Trust, Inc., a leading global provider of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions, has announced the opening of four new fully-leased data centers in the greater São Paulo metropolitan area in acquisition with Ascenty.
Key Market Insights from the report:
The global data center colocation market accounted for US$ 45.5 billion in 2020 and is estimated to be US$ 172.23 billion by 2030 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of 14.4%. The market report has been segmented on the basis of type, industry vertical, end-user, and region.
- By type, the global data center colocation market is segmented into retail and wholesale. In 2019, the retail type segment is expected to hold a major share, owing to great flexibility in terms of IT infrastructure scalability. Additionally, it is mostly favored by enterprises with small to medium IT requirements.
- By industry vertical, the global data center colocation market is categorized into BFSI, government & public sector, telecom & IT, healthcare & life sciences, and energy. Telecom & IT industry vertical segment is the highest revenue generating industry for colocation followed by BFSI and Healthcare & Life sciences.
- By end-user, the global data center colocation market is segmented into small and medium enterprises, and large enterprises. In 2018 large enterprises end user segment held a major global market share. However, the small and medium enterprises end user segment (SME’s) is expected to grow at a higher rate, as SME’s have less requirement for infrastructure autonomy in the near future. The global data center colocation also provides SMEs with security and flexibility that is likely to propel their demand in the future.
- By region, North America is anticipated to dominate the global target market and hold a major market share over the forecast period, due to the emergence of a large number of data centers in this region. Europe accounts for the second largest market revenue share followed by Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa respectively contributing to the global data center colocation market. The global market in Asia Pacific is projected to witness fastest growth in terms of revenue, owing to rapid development of telecommunication & IT sector in emerging economies in this region.
To know the upcoming trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
The prominent player operating in the global data center colocation market includes Atlantech Online, Inc., Anexio, Inc., CE Colo Czech s.r.o, Coreix Limited, Cyrusone, Inc., Digital Realty Trust, Inc., Equinix, Inc., First Colo GmbH, IBSCY Ltd., and H5 Data Centers.
Other Related Reports:-