Server Microprocessor Market accounted for US$ 15.28 billion in 2020 and is estimated to be US$ 19.28 billion by 2030 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of 2.0%. A microprocessor is a single chip that combines the tasks of a computer’s central processing unit. Data storage, logical operations, timing functions, and interface with peripheral devices are all features of the microprocessor. The server processor is one of the server’s most important components, as it is responsible for all of the jobs and instructions that are allocated to it. The processor performance is a significant parameter in its specs because of the demanding applications. The microprocessor has evolved through a succession of advances as sophisticated technology has progressed, including clock rate, operating frequency, storage capacity, and increased transistor count. Server processors are built to handle severe workloads in IT environments ranging from data centres and server rooms to cloud providers. Multitasking performance for virtual environments is possible with server microprocessors. Server microprocessors are built to run at higher frequencies and process data in memory and other subsystems. In the event of a shutdown or crash, they are capable of overcoming any failure.
The report ” Global Server Microprocessor Market, By Design (X86, ARM, Power and Others), By Type(Integrated Graphics, Discrete Graphics, Analog-To-Digital and Digital-To-Analog Converter and Others), By Application (Smart Phones, Servers, Personal Computers, Tablets and Others) By End User (Large Enterprises, Medium Enterprises and Small Enterprises),and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East &Africa) Trends, Analysis and Forecast till 2030’’
- In June 2019 Marvell (Cavium’s parent company) and Arm have established a larger strategic agreement to speed up the design and development of next-generation Marvell ThunderX server CPU technology. Arm will continue to fund Marvell’s R&D in the server processor technology field for at least three more years under this new deal (until 2022). Marvell hopes to expand its Arm-based server roadmap with this agreement, enabling the next generation of cloud and data centre architecture.
- Alibaba Group announced its first self-designed microprocessor in July 2019, marking a significant step forward in China’s attempts to boost chip self-sufficiency. The debut coincides with Chinese technology companies’ efforts to resolve trade tensions with the United States (over access to technology). Alibaba’s (not created by Alibaba, but by a Chinese foundry such as Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp.) is intended to power consumer electronics such as smart speakers, self-driving cars, and other internet-connected gadgets that require high-performance computation.
In comparison to the desktop computer, server microprocessors have more powerful processors. In order to maintain performance, server microprocessors handle numerous cores, threads, and processors. Server microprocessors have a large storage capacity and allow numerous discs to be inserted into them. To a user, these discs appear to be one large disc. Advanced storage interface technologies, such as serial attached SCSI (SAS), are available on server microprocessors, providing better performance than SATA, which is the primary storage device in desktop PCs. Growing IT industries require cloud-based and web-based services, as well as expanding data centres, are driving the server microprocessor market. The server microprocessor market arose from the necessity to create tiny devices or processors. The high cost of the server CPU market is a major stumbling block to its expansion. The higher the processing speed, the more expensive it is. However, due to the advantages of server processors over regular desktop processors, depending on the applications, server processors are chosen. The internet of things (IoT) is predicted to grow in popularity, providing more prospects for server microprocessor market.
To know the upcoming trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Key Market Insights from the report:
Global Server Microprocessor Market accounted for US$ 15.28 billion in 2020 and is estimated to be US$ 19.28 billion by 2030 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of 2.0%. The Global server microprocessor market has been segmented on the basis of design, type, end user, application and region.
- Based on Design, Global Server Microprocessor Market is segmented into X86, ARM, Power and Others.
- Based on Type, Global Server Microprocessor Market is segmented into < Integrated Graphics, Discrete Graphics, Analog-To-Digital and Digital-To-Analog Converter and Others.
- Based on End-User, Global Server Microprocessor Market is segmented into Large Enterprises, Medium Enterprises and Small Enterprises.
- Based on Application, Global Server Microprocessor Market is segmented into Smart Phones, Servers, Personal Computers, Tablets and Others.
- By Region, the Global Server Microprocessor Market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Competitive Landscape & their strategies of Global Electric Vehicle Market:
Key players operating in the global server microprocessor market includes Intel Corporation, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), Inc., Texas Instruments Incorporated, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., Applied Micro Circuits Corporation, IBM Corporation, Mediatek Inc., Toshiba Corporation, NVIDIA Corporation and Hisilicon Technologies Co., Ltd.
The market provides detailed information regarding the industrial base, productivity, strengths, manufacturers, and recent trends which will help companies enlarge the businesses and promote financial growth. Furthermore, the report exhibits dynamic factors including segments, sub-segments, regional marketplaces, competition, dominant key players, and market forecasts. In addition, the market includes recent collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships along with regulatory frameworks across different regions impacting the market trajectory. Recent technological advances and innovations influencing the global market are included in the report.
OTHER RELATED REPORTS:-